The Division of Instruction's "Student Involvement, Development and Empowerment Unit" is seeking members to the Superintendent’s Student Advisory Council (SSAC). The SSAC meets with the Superintendent six times per year to advise, provide feedback and present viable solutions on District initiatives and programs. The SSAC also acts as the advisory council to the Student Board Member. The SSAC is seeking high school students to join the council for next year.
1) Attending all SSAC meetings–approximately six times per year.
2) Acting as a liaison between the Superintendent, Student Board Member and LAUSD students.
3) Sharing information with student constituents at school site.
4) Maintaining abroad understanding of District and school related issues.
5) Engaging in meaningful dialogue regarding students’ views of the performance and operations of LAUSD.
6) Attending one central Associated Student Body Presidents Meetings and other events as determined.
1) High school students who attend LAUSD high schools.
2) 2.5 or better GPA. No failing grades or unsatisfactory marks on the 20 week report card.
3) Must be able to balance SSAC and school related responsibilities
4) Must be endorsed by the school principal.
5) Must successfully complete the application process, including a personal interview.
6) Must be able to serve a one-year term
7) Experience in a school leadership position is desired but not required.
Note: If eligible, current SSAC members may continue on the council.
PLACE AND TIME
Time: 1:00 PM -4:00 PM
Location: Beaudry Building
333 South Beaudry Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90017
Please Note: Transportation will not be provided
Dates: to be determined
For more information, please contact Dr. Brenda Manuel, Director, Student Unit at 213.481.3317, or email her at: email@example.com
Application deadline: May 10th, 2019