B.A. English 2001 (Emphasis in Creative Writing, Multicultual Literature) (UC Berkeley)
M.A. Education 2002 (UC Berkeley)
M.A. English 2014 (UC Irvine)
PhD English current (UCLA)
Single Subject English CLAD
National Board Certified Teacher (NBCT)
Teaching at Foshay since....
Ms Barrios' Quick Takes
1. three words that describe you - interested, intense, introspective
2. Last book you read for pleasure: The Pleasure of Text Roland Barthes
3. favorite musical performer/ band/ composer: right now...Satie
4. Dream Job: independently wealthy author, or whatever Im doing at the moment.
5. favorite leisure activity: underlining cool quotes
6. Role Model: kind, intelligent and devoted people
7.Favorite quote: "relax"
8. Favorite Food - coffee...transitioning to tea
9. Best movie of all time: Jiro Dreams of Sushi.
10. most prized possession - time well spent
Grade levels you teach?
AP English Literature and Composition,
Short Description of what students learn in classes?
The meaning of life and standards based instruction.
For more information about the USC NAI Theater Workshop
Links to News, Projects and Partnerships: